WELCOME TO THE SKELETON BAR FUCKBOY! WANT SOME SPIRITS?
Look at his tragic establishment where skeleton veterans drink away the horrors of the skeleton war
i spent like 2 hours on this im sorry
Extended mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk
im so masochistic its terrible i cried while drawing this omg
But what if
This was one hell of a trip
RUSH YOU DID IT YOU BECAME A GIF
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
I am sorry I’m going to be that person.
This map is extremely inaccurate.
1) China was not going through business as usual China was going through the TANG DYNASTY i.e. the Golden Age of Chinese culture, which would lay down legal and social and poetic norms for the rest of Chinese history. The Tang is so influential that a lot of languages call Chinese people 唐人 (People from Tang.) (We call Chinese people “people from Qin” so.)
2) Japan is _first becoming literate_ during this time period (due to the influence of the Tang they adopt Chinese script), which is a BFD for poetry, religion, politics, society. Japanese court culture develops, which near the end of this period (11th century, around the time Europe enters “high middle ages”) will produce The Tale of Genji (by a totally awesome woman named Murasaki),widely regarded as the world’s first novel because of it’s deft use of irony and social commentary.
3) The southern part of Korea is experiencing the emergence of Unified Silla, a state that will last the entire period and will see the importation of Chinese and Indian buddhism, the construction of the first Confucian college in Korea, and so on.
4) In Mesoamerica, the Mayans are inventing astronomy, writing (the third and final independent invention of writing in human history), and a whole crapload of other stuff. This is the triumph of their culture.
5) The Umayyads in Spain are a massive center of technology, learning, and (comparative) religious toleration.
6) The Eastern Roman Empire, which spans both the green and yellow portions of your map, isn’t doing too badly either, bouncing back after losing territory to the Caliphate.
7) The Polynesians are colonizing the ENTIRE PACIFIC using amazing advanced navigation technology not rivaled until the INVENTION OF GPS.
8) I am not equipped to talk about Sub-Saharan Africa in detail (cue rant about how we never learn about subsaharan africa in the western educational system) but you can bet there are some major, amazing developments going on there too. I’d be shocked if there weren’t.
9) HOLY SHIT INDIA.
11) THEY WEREN’T BURNING WITCHES IN EUROPE DURING THE MIGRATION PERIOD (dark ages). Witch burning took off in the EARLY MODERN PERIOD, nearly 1000 years after this. Europe was going through some tough shit, which would leave them backwards compared to the rest of the world for 1000 years, but also there were some amazing things happening there, at least have the decency to be like “angry dudes with swords stabbing people” not WITCH BURNINGS FFS.
12) And ABSOLUTELY Islamic Caliphate was a totally amazing flowering of intellectual, artistic, and spiritual culture, a mixing pot between a thousand cultures and languages, and totally amazing. Don’t in any way want to diminish that in any way.
PLEASE ALWAYS BE THAT PERSON
what do you do at hogwarts if you start your period?
like do you go and see madam promfrey? or your head of year? because i’m just trying to imagine the slytherin girls going snape and asking for tampons
I do not have the power within me to not reblog this.
science are u ok
IS BEING HYDRATED REALLY WORTH ALL THIS PEEING?
I really feared for Levi in this scene
Yes, Levi, not Eren. I mean, have you seen Mikasa??
I laughed too loudly at this
This is why i think Avatar should be R rated
If you wanted to take it a step further, you could argue that water benders could take out all the fluid from someones body, turning them into a mummified husk
and a highly skilled metal bender could control the iron in another person’s blood, kinda like what Magneto does in X-Men a lot
What a great time to be anaemic.
waterbenders surfing through the battlefield on a wave of blood.
"on a wave of blood"
but yes, let us continue with this gore fest!
Is there possibly a way that firebenders or airbenders could raise the body temperature of an individual to the point where your burning/melting from the inside out?
or what about earthbenders being able to break bones since bones are made up of various metals
of course along with non-metals but that’s beside the point?
god bless this fandom. we’re all growing up and turning into psychos
but earthbender’s entombing people in rock sarcophaguses or torture of being slowly crushed by rocks
AND CALVIN IS WITH THE GIRL THAT HATED HIM ASFHAGS
im crying a lil bit
I need this in my tumblr forever.
is anyone gonna talk about how his kids name is bacon???
HE’S WITH SUZIE THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD OTP
..this is real.
who names their kid bacon
Calvin and Hobbes were Reformation-era philosophers, as was Frances Bacon. I’m better his daughter’s name is actually Frances, but he calls her by the appropriate last name of the philosopher, just as Calvin and Hobbes are last names.
OH THE FEELS! THE ABSOLUTE FEELS!
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAAWD.
I’M FREKING OUT
getting your crush’s attention like
when they still don’t pay attention to you
the gravity falls fandom
I’M CRYING BECAUSE IN CHURCH ONE OF THE LINES OF A HYMN WAS “VERY GOD” AND THIS GIRL BEHIND ME WHISPERED “SUCH CHRISTIANITY” I CAN’T STOP LAUGHING